Contact Hamilton is here for you during the COVID-19 pandemic. While our offices are closed, we are available by telephone and ready to help.
Because we are working remotely, calls from us will appear as "private caller".
Please check our website frequently for the most up-to-date information regarding our services.
For information about COVID-19, including symptoms, transmission, treatment and what to do if you think you may be ill, please visit:
You can also visit local public health agencies in your city/county/region:
It can be challenging to know what to do during uncertain times. We have found some good resources to help explain, understand and cope with COVID-19. You are very welcome to use these resources. We will do our best to keep these resources updated as we have information.
People with Intellectual Disabilities and their Families
Children, Youth and their Families
- Kids Help Phone: Children and youth 18 and younger who need to talk to someone about their mental health can call 1-800-668-6868, for 24/7 phone and text support.
- Good2Talk: A phone and texting service that offers confidential support to post-secondary students. Call 1-866-925-5454.
- YourSpace Hamilton
- Child and Adolescent Services Virtual Walk In Clinic
- Mind Your Mind
- Mind Your Mind: Staying on Top of Your Game During A Pandemic
- My Anxiety Plan (MAP) for Children and Teens (Anxiety Canada)
- School Mental Health Ontario
- COVID-19: Guidance for School Reopening (SickKids)
- Back to School During COVID-19: Tips for Parents and Caregivers
- School Mental Health Ontario: Resources for Educators, Parents and Students Related to COVID-19, 12 Easy and Fun Mental Health Practices To Try With Your Children At Home
- COVID-19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub - Jack.org, School Mental Health Ontario and Kids Help Phone have partnered to bring you all the information needed in one easy-to-access hub so that youth mental health remains top of mind, and our communities are able to easily access the education, tools, support and reliable information they need.
- First Peoples Wellness Circle: Mental Wellness Resources for Parents and Children
- List of resources, and ideas for families (curated by Contact Hamilton)
- Children's Mental Health Ontario (CMHO)
- Triple P Parenting - Top Parenting Tips for Parents and Carers in Uncertain Times
- Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health: Supporting a discussion with children and youth
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: How Do I Talk To My Children About COVID-19 and Its Impact?
- Supporting Individuals with Autism Through Uncertain Times (UNC Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute Autism Team)
- Psychology Today: How to Explain a Global Health Crisis to Children with Autism
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- Parenting During COVID-19: tips for supporting and engaging with your children as well as self-care tips for parents and caregivers.
- Coping With COVID-19: guide to help children cope through self-regulation
- Partners for Planning: COVID-19 Critical FAQs
- Ontario College of Teachers has developed a list of online resources for 5 categories: curriculum-based learning; mental health and well-being; arts and culture; games and activities; and physical fitness.
- McMaster Children's Hospital: Back-To-School Resources
- Hamilton Wentworth District School Board - COVID-19 Information for Parents
- Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board - COVID-19 Information for Parents
- MCCSS: Temporary Changes to Eligible SSAH Expenses
- Canadian Abilities Foundation: Back to Work During COVID-19
If you have a crisis situation and require help immediately, please consider:
- Calling 911
- For mental health crisis / urgent situations, calling your local mobile crisis service:
- For Hamilton: COAST Hamilton, 905-972-8338
- For Niagara: COAST Niagara, 1 -866-550-5205.
- For Brant: St. Leonard’s Community Services, 519-759-7188 or 1-866-811-7188
- For Haldimand and Norfolk: CAST, 1-866-487-2278
- Calling your health care provider